We understand that life can at times present unexpected events that can affect your ability to meet your financial obligations.
If you are finding your Australia Post TravelSIM bill difficult to pay, we may be able to offer you assistance during those times.
We are here to help. We will work with you to help you respond to financial difficulty, whether temporary or long-term. We are committed to helping customers facing financial hardship maintain telecommunications access and working with you to find a sustainable solution. Any help we can give will depend on your individual circumstances, and we provide help on a case-by-case basis.
What is financial hardship?
Hardship arrangements cover the time between when your circumstances change and when you can start repaying your debts in full or varied as agreed. In most cases, people just need some temporary help to get them through the tough times.
You may be in financial hardship if you want to pay your bills but don't have the money to do so.
Financial hardship can be short or long term in duration. Common events that can lead to hardship include:
- Injury or illness
- Unemployment / reduction of income
- Family breakdown
- Domestic violence
- Natural disaster
- Death in the Family
If you feel you need some assistance, please get in touch with us to discuss options available for you.
How can we help?
Our aim is to get you back on track and in control of your monthly bill and depending on your circumstances, we may be able to offer you a range of options including:
- short or long term payment arrangements,
- review of your current plan to ensure it suits your needs or
- discuss pre-paid options.
- Implementing spending controls, such as disabling adding additional data;
- restriction of service to all or specific services; or
- low cost interim options until you can continue with original payments.
- discounting or waiving of your missed payments;
- waiving late payment fees; or
- implementing incentives for making payments, for example payment matching.
Starting the process
If you are experiencing financial hardship and require some assistance, please choose one of the following options to contact us:
You can get in touch with us by calling 1300 881 710. The team is available Monday to Friday 7am till 7pm AEST.
Or contact us on web chat under SUPPORT on our website; or
You can also email us at: email@example.com
Lastly, if you would like to contact us by mail, please send your request to:
PO Box 1451 Burleigh Heads QLD 4220
Information you need to provide:
We will always try to find a solution that meets your individual circumstances. To fully understand your situation, we may ask questions about your circumstances or request supporting documentation but please know that this information is strictly confidential.
To allow us to assess your situation, we request that you provide us with the following:
- why you are applying for financial hardship
- how long you expect to require assistance
- evidence of your financial situation (for example income, expenses, assets),
- evidence of employment or change in employment
- how we may assist you. For example, would changing to a short-term payment plan help?
How we assess your financial hardship request
We will assess your application for financial hardship assistance by considering your individual situation and financial circumstances. To make this assessment we will consider your ability to make ongoing payments and the level of payment. We understand that one size does not fit all, and we aim to work with you to reach a mutually beneficial outcome.
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your assessment, our decision or the process, please let us know. For more information regarding our complaint process and how to contact us, please click here.